Westworld Customer Service Rep. – Westworld
WestWorld of Scottsdale is a premier, internationally recognized, multi-use events facility in Scottsdale, Arizona. WestWorld annually hosts the Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction, as well as conventions, trade shows, concerts, equestrian shows and other events. Join our experienced event staff and top-notch operations crew who provide support to more than 100 events each year!
Scottsdale, Arizona is l ocated in the beautiful Sonoran Desert and is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale .
About The Position
The Customer Service Representative at WestWorld performs entry-level administrative duties to include, but not limited to, accounting, cashiering, customer service, cash reconciliation and cash collection.
Click here to view the Customer Service Representative Flyer!
Click here to be directed to the WestWorld of Scottsdale webpage.
The City of Scottsdale offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 Paid Holidays, which includes 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 10.3 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical (which includes behavioral health coverage), Dental and Vision Benefits
- City Paid Basic Life Insurance (equal to one times employee annual salary); option of Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement; $2,500/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.29% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental 457 Retirement Plans through Nationwide
- Pet Insurance
- Bilingual pay compensation
- For a more detailed overview of the employee benefits, click here .
Selection Process:The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview.
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Fingerprint search of the National FBI Database
- Criminal Background screening
- Drug Testing
- Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
Click here to review the entire job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time, potentially without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
Education and Experience
- A High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience with the public to include clerical work experience.
- Accounts receivable or billing experience.
- Digital and software driven reservation systems experience.
- Cash, credit card and check counting and reconciliation experience with Activenet.
- Cashiering (point-of-sale transactions) experience.
- Basic math and calculator experience.
Licensing, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Must complete within six months of hire or promotion and maintain a valid Forklift Operator Training Program (WestWorld).
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/service assignment.
- Assists customers in person and on the telephone with questions and provides a variety of information.
- Answers multiple telephone lines and directs inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Collects, counts and reconciles cash, checks and credit cards.
- Computes customer bills and makes billing adjustments and provides bills to customers.
- Identifies and contacts businesses that have not obtained or provided proper paperwork.
- Reviews and analyzes error/exception reports, making necessary corrections.
- Monitors billing and payment information.
- Prepares routine correspondence to customers concerning their accounts.
- Prepares a variety of business documents to include invoicing.
- Reconciles electronic receipts .
- Calculates fees, accepts and receives payments owed to the city, and completes daily balancing of payments received.
- Processes and protects credit card and other pertinent confidential client information.
- Operates specialized software and information system. Such as INOVAH and Authorize.net as well as the WestWorld RV Reservation System.
- Performs daily lot sweeps to verify visitor information and location, and ensure payment is current.
- Operates a computer to prepare a variety of documents for distribution; creates, maintains and/or updates confidential records, and produces support materials used for publication or distribution.
- Sets-up paper and electronic file folders; sorts and files material; retrieves filed materials.
- Visually reviews and verifies materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Orders and receives office supplies, materials and services.
- Verifies invoices for accuracy.
- Oversees the work of part-time/seasonal employees.
- Assist operations in maintenance of WestWorld's property (maintenance of RV pedestals, inventory counts, delivery of product, and overall cleanliness of the facility).
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Sit, stand, or move for extended periods of time.
- Work in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time, depending on assignment.
- Bend and stoop occasionally to maintain files and filing systems.
- Operate a golf cart around pedestrians and animals.
- Have exposure to dust, grease, noise, and unpleasant odors.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions including inclement weather and extreme heat.
- May work varied schedules, including overtime, according to events, including weekends, holidays and some evenings.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 9/24/2023 11:59 PM Arizona