Utility Billing Customer Service Specialist
The successful Utility Billing and Customer Service Specialist will assist customers regarding their utility account and facilitate billing activity by performing clerical and administrative duties, while utilizing exceptional customer service skills in accordance with City of Loveland Core values.
The salary range for this position is $19.76- $26.68 per hour with a hiring range of $19.76 - $23.22, depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants on: Monday, 11/27/23 at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T.
Please include a resume with application.
The Utility Billing Division is an exciting, fast paced, team oriented environment where we strive to provide top notch customer service on a daily basis. Our team is seeking a highly motivated, inclusive, collaborative, adaptable, and experienced leader with a forward-thinking outlook! We are looking for someone that will promote positive relationships with our citizens and has a passion for providing excellent customer service!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists customers over the telephone and in person with a wide variety of questions, requests and complaints related to their utility account and utility bills to Include, but not limited to, assisting customers with start/stop requests for services, explanation of services provided, budget billing, delinquencies, billing inquires, and adjustments and other issues related to utility services, using various complex computer programs.
- Prepares utility billing statements by reviewing exceptions and posting reports.
- Corrects account problems by reviewing account information and generating service orders, if needed.
- Calculates adjustments to customer accounts using basic math skills.
- Prepares utility statements for delivery to the to the state of Colorado.
- Processes utility meter readings, connects/disconnects of service, process new construction meter sets through data entry, responds to customer inquiries regarding water and electric consumption, leaks, and services requests.
- Works with outside agencies and other City departments on issues related to utility billing.
- Interacts with a wide variety of customers whose behavior may range from pleasant to verbally threatening and abusive.
- Process final estimate requests received from title companies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes various monthly reports, assorted daily jobs, and special projects.
- Resolves account problems in a timely manner.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with the public and co-workers in a variety of situations.
- Understand and resolve complex customer account inquiries.
- Work efficiently & effectively in a fast-paced environment with courtesy and kindness.
- Learn quickly and develop a sound understanding and use of customized, complex software.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Apply conflict resolution skills to ensure successful outcomes.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Education and/or experience:
Three (3) years of previous work experience in a fast-paced, high-stress phone and face-to-face customer service position required, preferably in a call center environment. Requires calculator/10-key/equivalent use and keyboarding use to be at a proficient speed while speaking to the customer by telephone or in person. Must be proficient with computers and software. Must successfully be proficient using Microsoft Office 365 Google docs and other software and systems used by the department with 6 months of hire. Spanish-speaking ability desirable.
Material and equipment directly used:
Telephone, computer, printer/copier/fax, calculator
Working conditions and physical activities:
Work is generally performed in an office environment and may require bending, kneeling, sitting for extended periods of time, reaching and repetitive keyboard motion. Light physical effort is required by moving and positioning objects up to twenty (20) pounds occasionally and/or up to ten (10) pounds frequently. Occasional flexibility in working hours will be required for coverage purposes.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor's Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong!
Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Two (2) medical plans, Dental, Vision (for self/ spouse/ children)
- Employee Health & Wellness Center (self/family)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and medical leave
- Flexible spending including Dependent Care
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Retirement 401a, 457, Roth (pre-& post tax) and company match
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary 529 College Invest program
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted recreation passes
- Employee recognition program
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Market based pay & regular performance reviews
- Local Government employment is eligible for Public Loan Forgiveness Program
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
The City of Loveland participates in E-Verify. In accordance with E-Verify requirements, upon your date of hire the City of Loveland will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. E-Verify Notice of Participation. Learn more about your right to work. Visit E-Verify.gov for more information.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.