Supervisor, Customer Service
Description: Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.
Norfolk Hardware is locally recognized as a high service hardware store that has been recently renovated and expanded. The store is currently looking for a Front End Supervisor who's engaging, enthusiastic, but can also lead and serve as a mentor to the Front End staff located in Mattapan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as main point of contact for customers and front end customer service representatives by being present on the floor.
• Coach, train and develop cashiers to ensure customers receive outstanding and quick checkout service.
• Evaluate and ensure efficient operation of the registers, expediting price checks and supporting front end with customer transactions.
• May perform checkouts as needed based on staffing level and customer volume.
• Participate in the interviewing, selection and training of new Front End cashiers.
• Complete performance evaluations and address areas for improvement to focus on continued growth.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and use corrective action process to address deviations as needed.
• Review staffing levels based on forecast sales volume with a focus on payroll cost control.
• Ensure checkout and register area is well maintain, organized and stocked. Work with store manager to identify impulse items for display.
• Address customer complaints as needed.
• Monitor checkout process and activity to minimize shrinkage.
• Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and work with other supervisors for collaboration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Clear and persuasive communication skills to direct staff, implement store policies and serve customers.
• Active listening skills to support strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• High level of focus on teamwork and management skills.
Education and Experience
• 3+ years retail management experience
• Associate's degree in business management or related field, desired
• Experience working with multi-cultural workforce
• Bi-lingual (Spanish, Portuguese) desired
• Experience in variety of retail roles (supervisor, cashier, stock)
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to lift 50+ lbs.
• Able to work weekends