Sr Customer Service Representative
Pay Range: $19.08 - $23.85/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, May 16, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Senior Customer Service Representative job is available with The City of Fort Worth Financial Management Services Department within its Central Revenue Division. This challenging position will be counted on to provide expert, driven solutions to complex problems associated with the billing and collection of vital revenue sources, while providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. In addition, this position will play a key role in supporting the implementation of a unified City-wide Accounts Receivable/Billing and Point of Sale system.
The Accountant job responsibilities include:
- Ability to work effectively with multiple computerized systems including point of sale and ERP system
- Ensure all payments are documented and processed accurately and all deadlines are executed
- Ensure highest level of customer services is provided to all internal and external customers
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage high volume customer injuries, including research analysis and resolve complex payment and billing issues
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to perform a wide range of collection, clerical, administrative, customer service and other assigned tasks as required.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of this role
- High school diploma/GED
- Three (3) years of directly related customer service experience
- 3 years or more of billing or collection experience
- Strong problem solving, strategic, and analytic skills
- Ability to work with staff at all levels in an organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills
- Bilingual - Proficiency speaking and reading/writing in both English and Spanish
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Monday, May 16, 2022