Senior Customer Service Associate
Grade 15 - Starting hourly rate: $19.5250. Rate of pay depends on qualifications.
The Senior Customer Service Associate maintains and fulfills all the responsibilities of the Customer Service Associate position. Additionally, the Senior Customer Service Associate may function as a resource person and respond to and resolve internal and external customer conflicts.
- Responds to customer interactions via the telephone, email, internet, or in person in a professional, courteous, accurate manner while recording a brief overview of communication.
- Provides functional guidance by assigning and reviewing the work of others as assigned.
- Partners with management to communicate awareness of Key Performance Indicators.
- May coordinate the day-to-day operation of the service center to include opening, closing, security and multiple monetary transaction processes for various locations.
- Assists in maintaining proper staffing levels; provides supports to payroll by documenting and auditing employee time and attendance data in the absence of the supervisor.
- Provides coaching, training, and monitoring to staff members, as appropriate; providing input to the management team for written performance process.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork.
- Compiles monthly analyses, administrative, and other financial reports.
- May analyze and maintain collection, charge-off bad debt, bankruptcy files.
- Audits meter reading, online payment, adjustment, and all other transaction reports.
- May verify proper billing for industrial waste surcharge, irrigation percentage billing, and water reuse, flat rate, storm water, and all other accounts.
- Assists with correspondence via email, web, and letters of acknowledgement and follow-up.
- Handles calls that are sensitive and urgent in nature.
- Creates and dispatches service requests/work orders to field personnel.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four years' experience in a customer service environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office environment.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within SAWS's hours of operation including the training period where lunches and breaks are scheduled with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule and work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- Two years of college courses in business administration or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Displays an understanding of safety guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must meet the required performance standards within the area of assignment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting or standing for extending periods of time at various workstations to perform job scope. Requires visual acuity, speech, and hearing.
May be required to work hours other than regular schedule including shift work, weekends and holidays.
San Antonio Water System values the contributions of all its employees, providing them the best in compensation and benefits. The benefits package is designed to attract and retain a workforce of qualified employees who share a responsibility in providing quality water to 1 million consumers.
From an affordable medical and dental plan to life-sustaining retirement and insurance plans, we offer benefits that reward employees for their commitment to a challenging career at SAWS. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive, market-based salaries
- Performance-based incentives
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Prescription drug program
- Vision care plan
- Two retirement plans
- Deferred compensation plans (457 plan)
- Disability income
- Paid leave (vacation, sick, personal)
- Education assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible, tax-deferred health and dependent care spending accounts
- Wellness programs
- On-Site Fitness Facilities
- Community service opportunities
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2023 11:59 PM Central