Part-Time Customer Service Representative I
Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Salary Range: $14.66 to $18.32
At the City of Olathe, Kansas, we're "Setting the Standard for Excellence in Public Service," both for our residents and employees. It's at the core of our Vision, Values, and Mission. It's the basis for our organizational culture. We're looking for employees who share our values of integrity, learning, customer service, and more. As one of the fastest growing cities in the region, we strive to find innovative, engaged employees who are excited to help shape the future of our great City.
The City of Olathe is the only city in Johnson County with arts alliance that offers year-round arts and cultural events through community theater, orchestra, civic band, chorus and exhibits. Olathe is ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. in 2023. If you are looking for a career that involves meeting new people daily and using great attention to detail this would be a rewarding position for you.
STATEMENT OF PRIMARY DUTIES :
Perform a wide variety of complex customer service-related functions such as handling a high volume of telephone calls, processing POS transactions, assisting customers with inquiries, and resolving customer issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons via phone, online, and in-person
- Follow center policies and practices, monitor customer access to facility and programs and enforce center policies with respect and consistency
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be detailed-oriented and have follow-through across shifts
- Share correct information concerning Parks & Recreation programs to customers
- Process and verify minor, adult, and day waivers accurately and efficiently
- Accept payments via phone and in-person utilizing POS
- Support and collaborate with Quality-of-Life team to ensure customers receive exceptional service
- Oversee check out of sports equipment and maintain logs of rentals
- Process event and shelter reservations and provide information to customers to aid in the decision-making process
- Provide facility tours as needed
- Collaborate on revision and implementation of center and team policies and processes
- Manage lost and found items and logs
- Accurately and efficiently adhere to cash handling policies including properly verifying currency as required and completing cash drawer balance and deposit
- Disseminate acquired information and updates to collaborators to ensure the most up to date information is readily available
- Use of multiple systems including SharePoint, MS Word, MS Teams, Outlook, Activenet Program Registration and POS, Workplace, and Workday
Experience and Education Guidelines Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience : Two years of experience in Customer Service required. Online business-related written correspondence experience. May be required to lift at least 20 lb mail bins, file boxes, logbooks, etc.
Education : High School diploma or GED required.
SUPERVISED BY : Customer Service Supervisor
SUPERVISES : None
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.