Membership Administrative Analyst
Location: US-VA-Tysons (McLean)
Job ID: 2023-0048
# of Positions Type: 1
Category: Customer Service/Support - Membership Administrative Analyst
Membership Administrative Analyst
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world seeks a Membership Administrative Analyst for our McLean, Virginia, office. ALPA represents more than 74,000 pilots at 42 airlines in the United States and Canada. Membership Administrative Analyst receive and respond to all inquiries from pilots, elected officers, airline officials, and others; analyze data files and incoming contacts from several sources and determine the appropriate action to be taken; efficiently and effectively respond to inquiries regarding pilot dues and insurance billing, and any other issues related to pilot membership within established timeframes; ensure all correspondence related to membership or billing account inquiries are properly documented in the pilot's electronic file; communicate with all other necessary parties to quickly and accurately obtain the information necessary to respond to all inquiries within established timeframes; track the status of all inquiries received; keeps pilots, elected officers, airline officials, and others routinely updated on the status of their inquiry; maintain pilot demographic information; and, prepare correspondence as a result of pilot contact.
They also maintain and update pilot billing accounts in the Association Management System (AMS) for all Accounts Receivable billing activities, including dues and assessment charges, adjustments, payment arrangement plans, and year-end account reconciliations; perform annual earnings-file verifications and reconciliations using pilot payroll or tax reports; perform account review of agency fee objectors; process periodic rebate transactions; establish and maintain a follow-up system to ensure that work is processed accurately and promptly; respond to membership and billing account inquiries through analysis of pilot membership and billing account records; ensure the accuracy of Association membership and billing account information through analysis of routinely generated reports; and, assist and support other department functional roles. The successful candidate will rapidly acquire and apply knowledge of the Association's Constitution and By-Laws and Administration Manual in the daily application of their work in a challenging and rewarding environment.
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in a safe workplace. We prohibit discrimination, harassment and harmful behavior of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other protected characteristics as outlined in federal or provincial laws. We highly value everyone and all are encouraged to apply, including minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Two years of college with emphasis in business administration or management strongly preferred, high school diploma required; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years working with computer systems in a business environment required.
- Customer/member service experience required.
- Experience using an AMS preferred, Aptify experience strongly preferred.
- Software: Microsoft Excel and/or Access, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, oral and written, required.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Able to work flexible schedule on short notice as needed.
- Solid math aptitude required.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position; move about the office; determine what others have said or written; and, converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office. May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). Sporadically, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 25 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
ALPA offers competitive salaries with terrific benefits, including:
- 401k Plan with Non-Elective Employer Contribution of 11% plus 2% into a Market-Based Cash Balance Plan after 180 days of employment. No employee contribution required! The 401k plan includes a Roth option and 4-year vesting schedule.
- Generous health care benefits on day one - PPO, Kaiser (where available), and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
- 27 days paid vacation and holidays per year plus 2 volunteer days per year;
- Generous sick and bereavement leave;
- Competitive parental leave;
- Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts;
- Retiree health plan;
- Education Assistance Program; and,
- Optional benefits including pet insurance, excess life insurance, legal plan, and qualified transportation fringe benefits, where available.
Relocation Not Provided.