Laboratory Customer Service Representative II
This position is contingent on FY24 Budget approval
Pay Range: $17.10/hr. - $21.38/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Laboratory Customer Service Rep II job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Department, Central Water Laboratory. We are looking for an individual to represent the City of Fort Worth in a professional, courteous manner and provide quality customer service to clients and staff. This position requires learning a wide range of State and Federal Regulations and procedures, the ability to respond to customer inquiries and to enter complete and accurate data into our computer system.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of responsible customer service experience within the area of assignment
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass Drug Screen
- Higher levels of education
- Customer Service Experience
- Experience in data entry
- Experience in a municipal or environmental water and wastewater laboratory
The Laboratory Customer Service Rep II job responsibilities include:
- Maintain and update accurate databases
- Receive water and wastewater samples from customer
- Explain applicable policies and procedures for sample receipt and submission
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Enter client information in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) in addition to other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.