Eligibility Customer Service Worker- Hybrid Work Model
About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Refer to the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Mandate Candidate Q&A for additional information.
This posting will accept applications through February 9th. Please apply as soon as possible.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides support to one in three Denver residents. We envision a healthy community where people are connected, supported, safe, and well. Our services include food assistance, cash and medical benefits, child support and veteran services, child welfare and adult protection, work opportunities, and more. If you are committed to supporting the health and strength of the community and want to be a part of an engaged workplace, we'd love to work with you!
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
About our Assistance Programs:
The dedicated staff at Denver Human Services (DHS) are here to listen and advise, helping people apply for public assistance programs. We can provide information about food assistance and financial assistance, as well as help for veterans and those who need long term care. DHS provides a range of other services, including help with transitional housing, medical assistance, and heating costs.
The selected candidates must possess the following skills:
- Interpersonal: Shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern, develops and maintains relationships, may deal with people who are difficult, hostile, and/or distressed, relates well with people from varied backgrounds and situations, and is sensitive to individual differences
- Listening: Receives, attends to, interprets, and responds to verbal messages and other cues such as body language in ways that are appropriate to listeners and situations, along with the ability to recall information
- Reading: Understands and interprets written materials including technical materials, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts, graphs, or tables, and applies what is learned from written materials to specific situations
- Flexibility: Adapts quickly to changes, is open-minded and willing to learn
- Computer savvy: Ability to maneuver different computer programs and systems
- De-escalation: Maintaining professional demeanor and relationships during difficult or escalated interactions
- Communication: Communicates or explains ideas and/or information clearly and thoughts are well organized. Recognizes potential miscommunications
- High level of resiliency and ability to work well under extreme pressure
- Ability to exhibit analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow directions
- Ability to balance positive customer service with workload efficiency
As an Eligibility Technician, you will be expected to:
- Successfully complete on-the-job training, learning methods and techniques for determining financial eligibility for public assistance programs including but not limited to cash assistance, food assistance, and Medicaid
- Attend instructor-led training sessions to learn processes, practices and application of financial eligibility determinations, studies applicable rules and regulations, and receives instruction in the interpretation and application of appropriate laws, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Receive training and instruction on identifying internal and external referral resources in order to provide referrals to clients to non-profit agencies and other service providers
- Perform increasingly more responsible work as the employee gains experience and independently provides basic eligibility services
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This position requires an online assessment or test. Once you complete your application, if you meet the qualification for the position you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with a link to the assessment or test. We recommend that you add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list. If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes of applying, please contact AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least two years of high-volume, direct contact customer service experience
- Bilingual skills and is and able read, write, and speak proficiently
- A high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience using databases and ability to troubleshoot in various computer systems
- Previous experience determining eligibility and case management experience
- Previous experience in high-pressure, quality oriented professional environments.
- Previous experience in accounting/calculations
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and apply complex regulations and acknowledgement and acceptance of Time Limited constraints of position
- Ability to work both in person and variation of hybrid remote schedule. This will NOT be 100% remote working environment
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience performing specialized/technical office support work
- Education & Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CA2655 Eligibility Technician I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$19.31 - $28.97
Although our full pay range is listed above, the budgeted hiring range for this position will most likely be between $19.31 - $24.14 /per hour.
Denver Human Services
Customer Service Agent - Compliance and Alphanumeric Data Entry
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.