DMV Lead Customer Service Agent – Denver Motor Vehicle
About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until May 14th. Please apply as soon as possible.
About Denver Motor Vehicle
Denver Motor Vehicle (DMV) is authorized as an agent of the State Department of Revenue as outlined in the Colorado Revised Statutes to register and title vehicles and to collect, record, and deposit all taxes and fees prescribed for vehicles owned or operated by residents and business owners within the City and County of Denver.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Denver Motor Vehicle is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable individual to serve as the Lead Customer Service Agent who will proactively provide support to DMV Customer Service Agents and ensure the best customer service to the residents of Denver while tending to their motor vehicle needs. You will have the chance to support the Denver Motor Vehicle (DMV) by providing quality customer service to our clients and being knowledgeable of motor vehicle transactions and all operations. You will act as a subject matter expert in performing advanced, specialized work inspecting, assessing, and auditing applications and legal documents submitted for vehicle titling and registration of all types of motorized vehicles and assist the public by providing a variety of information.
Location: The location of this position will be at the Southwest Branch, located at 3100 S Sheridan Blvd, Denver, CO 80227.
Additionally, the DMV Lead Customer Service Agent will:
- Assist in running the daily operations such as opening, closing and securing offices, responding to escalated customer issues, issuing credits and making corrections to the State system.
- Provide support with on-the-job training on motor vehicle policies, procedures, methods and techniques in order to process and issue motor vehicle titles and registration documents.
- Respond to complex customer questions and issues such as titling and registration procedures, fee and tax requirements, emission testing and insurance requirements, explain statutes, policies, procedures and rules and resolve problems and/or concerns.
- Process vehicle registration renewal applications received in the mail or online, review documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with statutes, issue motor vehicle registration documents and validation tabs determine why some renewals are rejected and send correspondence to customers explaining fees, reason for rejection and policies and procedures.
- Maintain assigned state inventory, files and records as required by the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, perform preventative maintenance, reports all malfunctions and troubleshoot problems in conjunction with a repair technician until the machine is in working order.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Passion and dedication to ensuring the highest level of customer service to our Denver residents
- Superior communication skills
- Previous professional level Motor Vehicle titling and/or registration experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of clerical experience which includes customer service involving the explanation of rules and regulations of which must include one (1) year of motor vehicle office support experience.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
About Everything Else
CV2738 Motor Vehicle Agent Lead
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$23.48 - $35.22
Based on education and experience
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.