Customer Service Supervisor
Full-time position available with the Water Department Consumer Services Division located at 4800 East 63rd Street
Salary Range: $22.52-$33.78/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: November 20, 2023
- Supervises and coordinates activities of Customer Service Representatives engaged in telephone interactions with customers by performing the following duties.
- Monitors customer calls to observe employee's demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to policies and procedures.
- Recommends actions to resolve customer situations.
- Answers questions about service.
- Reviews customer account records for accuracy.
- Determines work procedures to expedite workflow.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Coordinate and escalate customer issues with other departments.
- Resolve escalated customer issues
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Directly supervises 12 to 15 employees in the Call Center. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Processing payroll.
- Maintain a supervisory log to record attendance and performance information to include quantity of work, quality of work and customer complaints.
- Run reports and provide performance information to subordinates.
- Prepare Union grievance responses.
- Conducts coaching and performance feedback sessions.
REQUIRES an accredited Bachelors degree in business or public administration or a related area and 2 years of responsible customer service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and responsible customer service experience (experience substitution for education must be at the level of Customer Service Representative or higher).
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).