Customer Service Supervisor
Pay Range: $24.63/hr. - $32.02/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; Some evening/weekend work required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Customer Service Supervisor job is available with the City of Fort Worth Neighborhood Services Department in Community Services Division - Community Action Partners.
Community Action Partners receives state and federal funding that assist low-moderate income Fort Worth /Tarrant County residents achieve well-being and maintain independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choices and preserve dignity. Our services are delivered in the least restrictive setting and in partnership with Tarrant County communities.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Four (4) years of responsible customer service experience within the area of assignment, including one (1) year of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years' experience working with low-moderate income individuals/families
- Preference may be given to higher levels of education, experience and certifications as related to the vacancy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience as a supervisor in assigning work, addressing personnel issues, guiding and directing a diverse staff.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
The Customer Service Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee specific sections of Community Action Partners
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of assigned CAP staff
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff
- Coordinates the organization, staffing, and operational activities for the assigned section.
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints.
- Participates in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, and priorities. Recommends and implements resulting policies and procedures
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.