Customer Service Supervisor
Pay Range: $51,232 - $66,601 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, September 14, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; Some evening/weekend work required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Customer Service Supervisor job is available with the City of Fort Worth Municipal Court, Clerk of Court division. The Municipal Court is seeking a qualified candidate to supervise, assign, review and participate in the work of employees responsible for performing a variety of clerical, administrative and financial duties in support of the Municipal Court; to ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
Candidates must possess excellent time management/organizational skills and have the ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities in managing a wide-range of projects with a strong focus in financial management and cash handling. This position involves heavy telephone and direct public contact to resolve customer issues. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers as well as other city department personnel.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years of responsible customer service experience within the area of assignment, including one (1) year of administrative and/or lead supervisory experience.
- Must be able to pass CJIS background.
- Higher levels of education, experience and certifications as related to the vacancy.
- Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience as a supervisor in assigning work, addressing personnel issues, guiding and directing a diverse staff.
- Municipal Court experience.
- Financial Management experience.
- Cash Handling experience.
- Court Clerk Certification(s).
The Customer Service Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Manage, oversee and coordinate specific sections of the Municipal Court department
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of court staff
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identifies resource needs; reviews with appropriate management staff
- Coordinates the organization, staffing, and operational activities for the assigned section.
- Respond to customer inquiries or complaints.
- Participates in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, and priorities. Recommends and implements resulting policies and procedures
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Sedentary Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.