Customer Service Specialist
Full time position available with the Water Department, Revenue Division located at 4600 E 63rd. St.
Salary Range: $19.27-$29.39/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: May 15, 2023
- Provides administrative support to the Revenue Protection Division by assisting in the collection of delinquent accounts and bad debt.
- Answers phones, uses computers for database management or word processing, sets up and managing filing systems, operates office equipment, completes forms, schedules appointments, and makes copies.
- Provides customer service by verifying and updating customer account information, reminding customers of their past due status, negotiates payments, and assist the Call Center with consumer phone calls.
- Generates service orders for high dollar delinquent turnoffs and work orders as directed by field personnel and management.
- Contributes to collection of revenue by creating legal collection letters, reviewing returned payments for service turnoff, prepares liens, lien releases, and legal packets for bad debt accounts
- Assigns appropriate fees and adjustment to accounts.
REQUIRES high school graduation and 3 years of public or private sector experience in customer service work at the level of Customer Service Representative or higher; OR an equivalent combination of education and responsible customer service experience at the level of Customer Service Representative or higher.Preference given to applicants with experience in the following program systems: KWIC, GEICO/CLEAR, and/or Hansen; also to those with collections experience.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).