Customer Service Specialist
Johnson County Health & Environment department is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Customer Service Specialist. This position is part-time (20-29 hours per week). Responsibilities of this position include:
- Answers phones, refers calls and customers; greets customers and gives standard information in response to phone, email, or in-person inquiries.
- Creates and maintains files both public and confidential; distributes reports and performs data entry into systems; types form letters, labels, mail merges, and correspondence; proofreads information; schedules appointments, meetings, and other functions.
- Assists customers with completing routine forms when appropriate; collects forms and any supporting documents, reviews for accuracy and completeness; copies, collates, and routes forms to appropriate locations or staff.
- Calculates and collects fees for payment; resolves a variety of basic customer complaints, problems, and billing disputes; completes preliminary audit of cash and checks collected.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
One year of customer service or work related experience is preferred.
Experiencecan substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
* Effective August 23, 2021, the County requires mandatory, regular COVID-19 testing for all employees who do not report being fully vaccinated or who are fully vaccinated, but are unable to wear a mask. In order to be considered fully vaccinated, an employee must complete a vaccine attestation form and upload their vaccination record in our Oracle system.
Occasional (less than 5%)
Management, Administrative, Technology, and Financial Services