Customer Service Representative I
Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Operations - Customer Service General
Req #: CUSTO01770
Schedule: Full Time
Location: NY - Latham
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is currently seeking a dynamic Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our team in Latham, NY! Under the direction of the Customer Service Management Team, theCustomer Service Representativewill be responsibleto answer and respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries from members and providers. Responsibilities include providing accurate and thorough interpretation of benefits, eligibility, claims payment and interpretation. In addition to providing accurate technical information, the CSR is responsible for resolution of customer inquiries, the facilitation of problem resolution, and acting as a member/provider advocate by meeting or exceeding customers' expectations. The CSR is expected to take personal and complete responsibility of every interaction with a customer by providing outstanding service as a means to build customer loyalty, improve customer retention, and satisfy corporate customer service goals and objectives.
- Provide timely, accurate, and courteous responses to a high volume of telephone inquiries from both members and providers.
- Interpret and effectively communicate benefits, eligibility, and claims payment information to our customers.
- Document all critical information related to contacts responded to in the appropriate MHS screen/system.
- Provide timely follow-up with other internal departments to expedite resolution of difficult/aging inquiries, and when necessary escalate those issues to management for further handling.
- Complete projects and other research tasks as assigned by area management.
- Education: High School / GED diploma is required
- Relevant Work Experience: 1 year experience in a customer service or healthcare role required
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Strong verbal/written communication skills and detail oriented
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.