Customer Service Representative – Economic Services
What You'll Be Doing
Are you highly organized, customer friendly and like to help people? If yes, the Economic Services Division has a need for someone just like you for the position of Customer Service Representative at our Sunnybrook Service Center location. You will need to bring that sparkling smile and calm demeanor with you, while serving as the initial point of contact for Wake County citizens needing our assistance. By the way, speaking Spanish is not required, but a plus!
Primary functions include:
- Serving as the initial point of contact for patrons; determining the nature and purpose of their visit and directing them to the appropriate resource or destination
- Responding to requests for general information regarding regularly performed County activities
- Completing routine office forms and records; recording intake information; entering customer data in system; recording payments, updating accounts; generating routine reports summarizing work activities
- Answering calls and responding to inquiries from customers, both internally and externally; responding to service requests
- Processing mail; performing routine word processing and scanning
About Our Team
Wake County Health and Human Services (WCHHS) is the consolidation of programs and services that include social services, public health, job search assistance, child support, and transportation. Our mission, in partnership with the community, is to facilitate full access to high quality and effective health and human services for Wake County residents. In addition to our numerous standard programs, Wake County Health and Human Services (WCHHS) is engaged in a number of special initiatives that are impacting services and programs throughout our entire agency. Whether legislated down from the changing regulations on the Federal or State level or bubbling up from the entrepreneurial spirit of our staff, you can always look forward to Wake County Health and Human Services implementing new and exciting enhancements to our services and programs.
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months of job-related experience
- Equivalent education and experience are accepted
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Spanish language fluency
- Experience in face-to-face customer service
- Experience scanning and indexing electronic records
- Current or previous experience working in a state or county Department of Social Services
- Intermediate or higher skill level in Microsoft Excel
How Will We Know You're 'The One'?
- The ability to use active listening and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to solve basic problems considering the full range of options, and find solutions to make decisions to resolve situations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Spanish Language proficiency
About This Position
Location: Human Services Center Sunnybrook Raleigh, NC 27610
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hiring Range: $19.64 - $22.07
Posting Closing Date: 7:00 pm on 9/8/2023
What Makes Wake Great
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the most populous county in the state, with more than 1.1 million residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve two-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.57 billion, employs over 4400 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award-winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Wake County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Background Check Statement
Position may require a background check that may include: criminal, credit, motor vehicle, education, and sexual offender registry or others based on job requirements. Unless required by state law, a record of conviction will not automatically exclude you from consideration for employment. Wake County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Emergency Service Worker Statement
In the event of an emergency, as determined by the County Manager or designee, participation in preparedness and response operations should be expected. Employee may be required to fill a temporary assignment in a role different from standard duties, work hours and/or work location in preparation for, during and after the emergency. Employee may also be required to participate in relevant exercises and regular preparedness training.