Customer Service Representative – Airport
WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was names "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist.
OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment.
Under general supervision, provides customer service and assistance to pilots, passengers and other customers of the Airport. This position is the primary responder, assisting Airport customers with inquiries and problems in person and by telephone pertaining to current fuel prices, rates for services offered, and general area information.
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates the Customer Service desk in a detail-oriented manner; ensures proper understanding of inquiries and concerns; asks for clarification to deal with each issue promptly and accurately to resolve customer questions and/or concerns and complaints.
- Handles heavy telephone calls, radio calls and emails in a prompt, efficient manner.
- Takes essential trip information in an organized and efficient manner.
- Operates a two-way radio.
- Manages requests for ancillary services, including but not limited to reservations for hotel, limo, and/or car; setting up services, such as pull out service, aircraft detailing, catering, and shuttles; fulfills other special requests made by customers needing assistance.
- Prepares and maintains records of all scheduled incoming aircraft and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Distributes crew cars in accordance with Airport policy and processes all related paperwork.
- Processes sales, references prior transactions and quotes fuel prices as established through the fuel volume discount program within the FBO Manager software.
- Communicates effectively over the Unicom and two-way radio using aviation terminology.
- Complete the daily cash report, settle the previous day's transactions, and perform required data entry.
- Prepares and processes payments for Airport services by cash, check or credit card.
- Communicates with the Line Crew for accurate, optimal service.
- Maintains customer files, including current contact information, up-to-date credit card information, prior purchase history, and special information.
- Prepares monthly reports.
- Resolve customer questions and/or complaints.
- Monitors coin-operated vending machines, ensuring they are in good operating condition.
- Complies with all written City policies and procedures.
- Works overtime as needed, especially in times of nonstandard operations such as weather events, TFR's airport closures, diversions, etc.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in City and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Travels to other locations to attend meetings, trainings, and briefings.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Airport Customer Service Supervisor or Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of customer billing and collections.
- Knowledge of customer service and public relations techniques.
- Knowledge of money handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of aviation terminology.
- Knowledge of money handling policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of the rules of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of City and departmental operations.
- Skill to remains organized and prioritize work.
- Skill to uses time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Skill to Interact professionally with the public and public/private officials.
- Skill to work closely and harmoniously with others to accomplish tasks.
- Skill to prepare documents without errors in grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
- Skill to research, compile and summarize a variety of informational and statistical data.
- Ability to make independent judgments and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, consultants, contractors, and the public, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offers flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
High School diploma or GED supplemented by two years of experience in customer relations; Fixed Based Operator (FBO) experience is preferred. Valid driver's license with good driving record and ability to maintain a good driving record while employed; must be able to work some weekends and holidays.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
Tasks involve the ability to communicate with the public and staff in person and on the telephone; type, enter data, review, sort and write; exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The City offers a full complement of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Medical and Childcare Account (FSA)
- Mental Health Care and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- City-paid and VoluntaryLifeInsurance
- City-paid and VoluntaryLong Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Legal Services through Legal Shield
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $10,000 per year)
- Wellness Program (earn up to $600 per year)
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
- Mandatory 7% employee contribution
- City match 2:1
- 5 year vesting
- Retire after 20 years of serivce, or age 60 with 5 years of service
457(b) Deferred Compensation PlansPaid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation (80 hours per year for new hires; tieredincreases after 2 yrs)
- Sick Leave (135 hours per year for yourself and immediate family)
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Personal Day
- Optional compensatory time for hourly employees
For more detailed information, please see the City of McKinney's summary of benefits .
Closing Date/Time: 11/28/2023 5:00 PM Central