Customer Service Representative
GreenState is now taking applications for the position of Customer Service Representative. This position requires an analytical, accurate, perfectionist, who enjoys doing the "little things" that are required to make a company successful. This individual will work closely with the Senior Account Managers (SAM), Account Managers (AM), Personal Lines Customer Service Agents (CSA) and Producers. The CSR answers phone calls in a professional manner, greets clients and visitors with a positive attitude, processes and distributes mail for both personal and commercial departments, processes change requests from the producers/CSA's and obtains professional assistance when needed. GreenState will offer full training, provide strong leadership and will reward your accuracy and loyalty.
GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants.
Pay range: $16.67 - $25.00 with a progressive benefit plan.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Develops thorough understanding and working knowledge of the agency management system, insurance company sites, underwriting guidelines and eligibility requirements.
- Updates policy information as needed and requests exceptions, if necessary, from underwriting.
- Handles client telephone calls - process changes as requested, gather information in order to obtain a quote, provide advice regarding insurance products and services, submit claims, advise about claims process and eligibility and handle escalated calls.
- Processes change requests sent by producers and LIA's and contacts underwriting if necessary for exceptions, collects and sends any required documents and asks for extensions.
- Does a policy review for current customers at renewal and each service contact and sells and recommends enhanced coverage, increased limits and counsels customers regarding coverage gaps. Solicits additional lines of business and rounding out accounts.
- Rerates policies with premium increases using the rater, verifies eligibility and underwriting information and decides which company to place the policies with. Once ready to present to customer, sends information to LIA's/Producers for final sale.
- Contacts clients about premium increases at renewal when we aren't able to move the account and provides an explanation as to why the rate changed and offers solutions on how to lower premiums, if applicable, with an ultimate goal of retaining the business.
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Prepares rewrite applications for business at least 30 days prior to renewal. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information.
- Rewrites and remarkets existing client accounts as needed.
- Processes payments with the companies and accurately transacts in management system, making sure accounting reconciles at the end of the month.
- Researches and resolves billing questions/discrepancies. Asks for exceptions and extensions from the companies as needed.
- Contacts customers and mortgage companies regarding late pay notices. Collects the late premium and contacts the insurance carrier to ask for an extension, if needed, and prevents the policies from cancelling.
- Works closely with Senior Account Managers, Account Managers, Licensed Insurance Agents and other Customer Service Representatives in the processing of client documents.
- Supports producers by processing new business applications. This may include data entry of application information, sending applications via DocuSign, issuing policy and sending receipts and documents to the customer.
- Receives and reviews all termination and cancellations to determine appropriate action.
- Documents all material conversations with insured and/or carriers regarding exposures, coverage and advice given.
- Updates carrier phone lists and contact information.
- Maintains communication of E&O requirements with insurance carriers.
- Enters new prospects into the system and attaches emails for the producer.
- Sends binders of insurance for the Producers/LIA's.
- Performs additional assigned duties as necessary.
- At least one year of similar or related experience; insurance experience is preferred.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Self-directed nature, ability to work independent of supervision, and ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressured, fast paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize large, detailed project requirements and schedules. Good time management skills required to manage and complete multiple assignments at the same time.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
GreenState Insurance Job Description
Customer Service Representative (continued)
- Property and Casualty Insurance licenses are required for the position. Must have currently or obtain within one month of hire date.
- Must be able to use knowledge and analytical skills to make quick judgements in various situations without much guidance.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Must be bondable.