Austin Energy Customer Account Manager (Billing Services)
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus four years related experience, two (2) in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) yrs
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position reports to the Billing Services Management Director and manages one (1) Utility Account Supervisor, four (4) Utility Account Analysts, two (2) IT Application Analysts, and two (2) Utility Account Specialists. The position exists to provide quality assurance and direct oversight to report development and analysis of core functions in billing, collections, branch operations, and remittance processing. This position is responsible for providing core process improvements and end-to-end data integrity within the Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) system for BSM , and is ultimately responsible for the successful billing and quality assurance of over $2 billion in annual billed revenue for many City utility services.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as "see résumé" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
$42.31 - $56.06
Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Job Close Date 08/12/2020
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Energy
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 721 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704
- Meter-to-cash utility or service management experience, or experience managing financial functions including data analysis
- Experience working with an enterprise application for customer billing or in a utility environment
- Skill and experience with business writing and creating reports from relational databases
- Experience developing reporting systems to support business operations
- Skill and experience extracting and analyzing complex data from a database, producing statistical data
- Experience managing vendor contracts and performance monitoring
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) platforms
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skill and experience with Structured Query Language ( SQL )
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsible for twenty-four hour seven day week management operations for Austin Energy customers to meet business operations and standards. Develop performance measures, evaluate performance and recommend appropriate actions to correct performance deficiencies. Prioritize operations scheduling. Resolve work-related problems for subordinates. Recommendation in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and activities related to the operation of the Austin Energy Customer Contact or Call Center. Review, analyze and implement process improvement techniques to enhance Austin Energy's service to its customers. Evaluate and provide recommendations regarding new technology and methods for possible utilization in Austin Energy's customer service function. Manage division and/or section activities including development, monitoring and tracking departmental budget expenditures, develop, analyze and revise operating procedures. Prioritize projects and work activities. Coordinate division/section activities with other departments Analyze customer survey and quality assurance data. Provide recommendation in the development of policies, procedures, strategic goals and objectives. Represent department at meetings with State agencies, government officials, vendors and other City departments or the general public
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of Payment Processing, Cash Receipts, Credit and Collections, Billing or ARCP operations, techniques, and processes.
- Knowledge of automated information and internal control systems.
- Knowledge of utility billing practices, industry and business operations.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and budget procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory and management techniques.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in identifying and assessing potential process improvements.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to resolve complex problems or situations.
- Ability to compile division reports.
- Ability to understand and explain industry trends, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple programs, projects, and tasks.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus four years related experience, two (2) in a supervisory capacity. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
* Please describe how you meet the minimum qualifications referenced above. Detail how you meet the educational requirements (if applicable), account for the years of related experience (if applicable), and explain any substitutions of experience for education, or vice-versa (if applicable).
(Open Ended Question)
* How many years of related supervisory experience do you have, including the full range of supervisory activities (selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal)?
- Less than one (1) year
- Between one (1) and two (2) years
- Two (2) or more years
* Which of the following best describes your proficiency with Microsoft Excel?
- No experience
- Basic: create/edit simple spreadsheets, sort data, enter formulas
- Intermediate: create/edit spreadsheets, create charts/graphs from spreadsheet data, hide and unhide rows/columns, use basic functions such as SUM, AVERAGE, and COUNT
- Advanced: develop complex spreadsheets, create charts/graphs/tables, import data from external databases, use AutoFilter to analyze data, use complex functions/formulas for math & logic equations
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents