Airport Operations Supervisor – Customer Service/ International (HOBBY)
Applications will be accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division/ Section: William P. Hobby Airport / Terminal Management - Customer Services
Workdays & Hours: Shift work, including rotation, weekends, and holidays (subject to change).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe purpose of Terminal Management is to deliver a WOW experience welcoming customers to 5-Star Airports greeted by clean, modern, and efficient facilities through beautiful, energetic spaces with friendly staff and amenities that transform expectations.
The purpose of the Airport Operations Supervisor - International within the Customer Service section of the Houston Airport System is to provide a 5-star experience to all passengers by leading a team of customer service professionals ensuring the safe and seamless flow of passengers providing the highest level of customer satisfaction and operational readiness. Supervises communications and work tasks relating but not limited to Terminal Management Customer Service, Operational Readiness, Quality Assurance, and FIS /CBP operations. "Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required."
The Airport Operations Supervisor -International (Customer Services) duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supervises day-to-day operational activities to include providing directions, processing passengers through the terminal, gate planning and scheduling, and baggage system maintenance.
- Daily evaluation and inspection of assigned facilities. Coordinate maintenance activities with contractors and Houston Airport's maintenance sections to ensure operational integrity. Schedules, assigns work, trains, and evaluates Customer Services employees.
- Assumes the role and responsibility of the Division Manager during his/her absence.
- Promotes collaboration and values passenger, business partner and team member input to improve the overall passenger experience and make the passengers happy.
- Responsible for all aspects of the customer experience including information booth coverage and lost and found to seek solutions and corrective actions to ensure the airport is five-star quality.
- Promotes and develops a safe, secure, and healthy environment for internal and external customers through the Safety Management System (SMS) program.
- Administers business unit policies, procedures and enforces regulatory compliance relative to customer services operational activities.
- Supports the Customer Service business unit fiscal year budget goals.
- Coordinates special events, facilitation of dignitaries and VIPs.
- Represents the department by giving both written and oral presentations to department heads and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS The position routinely requires lifting of moderately heavy items, such as barricades, construction cones or equipment (up to 50 pounds) and/or very long periods of walking on rough surfaces on a routine basis. There are routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air conditions. The position may involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as paints and cleaning solutions. Requires the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements within fine tolerance and/or calibration demands; or the ability to make closely coordinated eye/hand movement.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in Hospitality Management, Aviation Management, Business, or related fields. Directly related professional experience in airport operations or customer service above the required years of experience may be substituted for the above education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Four years of progressively responsible experience in airport operations, customer service or closely related to the activities of the section are required, with at least two of the four years in a senior/lead capacity.
Requires a valid Class C Texas driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston's policy on driving (AP 2-2).
****Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.****
Preference will be given to applicants with the following skillsets:
- A passion for customer service and airport with increasing levels of responsibility.
- An in depth understanding of airports and passengers' needs.
- An understanding within all aspects of supervision, including building dynamic teams, scheduling and payroll, irregular operations, planning, decision making skills and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain cooperative relationships with airport partners, peers, City and HAS officials and the general public.
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRE
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview. Department may administer skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION YES
YES - If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
PAY GRADE 23
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 281-233-1842.
If you need special services or accommodations, call 281-233-1842 (TTY 7-1-1).
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process. Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume along with their completed application when applying. For further information pertaining to the Houston Airport System, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWLV_sJFoM .
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Closing Date/Time: 11/22/2023 11:59 PM Central